proexpert37
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
49595756

Hi there, I have two sons aged 6 and a half and 4 and a half

Customer Question

Hi there, I have two sons aged 6 and a half and 4 and a half. They are both very sharp, intelligent. However, they are rather hyperactive, get irritated often and can be little aggressive and persisten in their demands. Of course, some of the traits they would have inherited from us and i would say that we, the father and mother, have played some role in shaping up their habits and personality, so we take partial blame. But now we have improved and want the best for our children. I want to know what can we do to make them the best children in the world, in terms of behaviour, intelligence and moral ethics. Specifically, i want them to have a balanced personality, become very judicious, be cool and develop the habit for reading and learning. Thanks a a lot.

Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Thank You so much for using Just Answer. I would like to assist you today if I may. As a parent, we want to have perfect children. We want the best for our children in all areas of their lives. When children misbehave and act in a way that is not pleasing to us, it often makes us feel embarrassed, hurt, shocked, and confused at times.

It is awesome to know that you clearly want to make sure your children develop in a positive manner in all areas of their lives. As a mother of three sons myself, I must tell you that boys are and will always be rather active. It's their nature.

However when they are too aggressive and demanding, they may have crossed certain boundaries that are unacceptable to you. With regards XXXXX XXXXX it is important to teach them proper manners, empathy*****, how to be kind, relating well with others, the differences between asking in a respectful way and demanding, as well as being a good listener. All of these skills must be taught on a continuous basis. Please make sure that you have rewards for outstanding behavior in place as well as consequences for negative behavior. The more you praise a desired behavior, the more the behavior will occur.

With regards XXXXX XXXXX provide your children with a vast array of experiences. Teach them about the world. Take them to museums, concerts, and cultural events. Allow them to travel with you and your spouse. In this age of technology, make sure they are becoming computer literate. Purchase educational computer games. Watch educational shows on television. Have a vast selection of literature books on hand. You may even want them to learn a second language. School related, make sure that your child is always being challenged by the school's curriculum. Ask your child's teacher for supplementary extension activities of topics that are being taught in school. Make learning fun! Get them involved in sports. Sports activities will allow them to release all of their energy. Soccer, basketball, and t-ball are great choices. Even simple walks in the park or bike riding is good.

Additionally, you have a great deal of control how your children will develop with regards XXXXX XXXXX moral ethics. Whether you take a religious stance or not, you can influence your children. Make sure they understand right from wrong and good and evil. Tell them what and why things are wrong to do or say or believe. You can do some role playing of certain situations to assist your children in understanding certain situations more comprehensibly.

Nonetheless, your children are like sponges right now. They are soaking up so much information. Make sure they are not overloaded. As long as they seem happy, that's what you need to be concerned about right now. As they mature, you can adjust your parenting techniques and strategies as you see fit so that your children will be the shining stars that you want them to become.

Hopefully, I have provided reflective insight on your situation. My goal is to make sure that you are 100% satisfied. If you further assistance, please continue to ask more questions for further clarification.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you today. Good luck and have an awesome day.

Take care!!!!

proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience: Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear ,

Thanks a lot for your indepth answer and excellent advice. It is highly appreciated.

You are so very welcome!