Jen Helant
Jen Helant, Child Care
Experience:  I have my bachelors degree in psychology. I worked with children. Since then I have raised and still raising 3 wonderful boys.
13551071

My son just quit his job and he has a wife and 3 year old daughter.

My son just quit his job and he has a wife and 3 year old daughter. He has a female boss who has not provided direction and he say has personal issues that interfere with his ability to do his job. He has not attempted to get another job before he put his notice in. I am very upset and am trying to keep my cool but am not sure how to respond to him. Can you advise me on what my next response should be?

I understand why you would feel upset by this and I completely agree with you 100%. However, sometimes people go through things that we may not understand. It could have been affecting him too much and interfered with his ability to work. He may have done this to preserve his sanity or even prevent a negative encounter. The best thing you can do for him is give him advice. However he is a grown man and needs to be able to make his own choices and take responsibility for them. Even though it is sad and your his mom sometimes the way they learn is through experience. I think your next response is just to leave this topic alone and let him do what is needed. He doesn't want to listen, so all you can do is maintain a relationship with him as you have , but leave the job issue alone and let him figure it our for himself.

I wish you well and please let me know if I can be of further help.