professional_Alison, Child Care
Experience:  Degree in early years,16 years experience in childcare

Hi dear,what if my 6 yr old son insists that he is very tiered

Customer Question

Hi dear,what if my 6 yr old son insists that he is very tiered and doesn t want to go to school?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  professional_Alison replied 3 years ago.

professional_Alison : Hello there, may I help you? It is important here that you emphasise that going to school is not a choice. If he is tired he can go to bed early that night. Make it clear that you understand he is tired but does need to go to school, let the teacher know he has said he's very tired so they can keep an eye on him. It will also make him see you are listening and taking him seriously. Make bedtime earlier if necessary. Also consider that saying he is tired may be an excuse not to go to school. Try to remain calm and positive, talk about what he will be doing at school that day and who he will play with etc. I hope this helps answer your question. Do come back to me if I can assist you further.