Adviser Mills C.C.D.
Adviser Mills C.C.D., Child Care
Experience:  15 years Plus, Preschool Owner, Teen Mentor

I have two children close together (ages 5 and 3). Would it

I have two children close together (ages 5 and 3). Would it be wrong to have another baby?

Adviser Mills C.C.D. :

Adviser Mills C.C.D. :

I would like to help you

Adviser Mills C.C.D. :

there is nothing wrong with having another baby at this time. Actually, the ideal difference in age is 3 years. This will allow your children to grow together and go through fun stages later in life.

Adviser Mills C.C.D. :

Many families with this exact age match find these are the perfect ages. What are your concerns?

That my other two will be jealous

My son will be 6 in May and I am not even pregnant yet!

Adviser Mills C.C.D. :

This will be a natural reaction, but most likely from your youngest. As someone that works with this age group daily, the only suggestion I would give you is to make sure the youngest is potty trained.

Adviser Mills C.C.D. :

Only because, you do not want them to revert out of jealousy. Other than that, there are books you can by about being a big brother etc, that will help with the transition. You will be shocked at how much your 6 year old will enjoy that role.

Adviser Mills C.C.D. :

As a professional, I think the time is now for you. That way your children can all be young together. You should grow your family when you are ready. Children are very flexible and everything will fall in line.

Adviser Mills C.C.D. :

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Actually, my daughter keeps asking me for a baby. She has been potty trained since July.

Adviser Mills C.C.D. :

There you go.

Adviser Mills C.C.D. :

I think children follow your flow very well. I see it everyday. You should go with what you want and what fulfills your life. they will just enjoy having more siblings as they grow up!

Adviser Mills C.C.D. :

I always wish my mom would have had more. Good luck to you sweetie!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I had severe postpartum anxiety after my second birth so I am really scared.

Oh that is very understandable!! You will want to make sure
To have a very good doctor on board that can help you with
That every step of the way. It is very scary, I know. But there are ways
To treat it especially if there is a history.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I have had an anxiety disorder since I was ten. I am also worried that having another baby would ruin the bond between my older two.

I do not believe it will throw off the bond. You may just need to think about it a little longer.
You will know if you want to expand your family. You may find yourself fulfilled with your two. I would just take time and think it over, of course it is ok, either way.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The OB/GYN on here is scaring me out of it.

I would always suggest listening to your doctor, but, you should get a second opinion. Try to find a doctor in your area that works with high risk pregnancies
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My husband and I have decided not to proceed with another pregnancy. Thanks for all of your advice!

I am so glad you found a peaceful decision. Sometimes the risks outweigh the positives. Peace to you and your family.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am going to bug him in about a year from now when we are settled in a new house.

:) You guys take care of yourself and enjoy each moment with your kids.