Adviser Mills C.C.D.
Adviser Mills C.C.D., Child Care
Experience:  15 years Plus, Preschool Owner, Teen Mentor
67973250

I am going to ask thi question in 2 different sections, I have

I am going to ask thi question in 2 different sections, I have live with a woman for 12 years she had a child that's about nineteen, I would like to know some of the pro/cons of having children later in like for here at like ages 36, 37 , 38 ?? I have lived and supposed her child from a preious marraige for about 12 years now and she is hesitant to have a new born a her age 35 or in the next couple of years ??

Adviser Mills C.C.D. :

Over the age of 35 the probability of downs does increase. But, many people are able to carry children and have perfectly healthy children even after this age.

Adviser Mills C.C.D. :

It is about where you are in life. I work with parents that find in their thirties is the ideal time to have children because of being settled in their own lives. There is more time to give to the children. Also, you have grown so much by this age, you can truly appreciate the moments that are so treasured.

Adviser Mills C.C.D. :

What are her issues or worries with having a child at her age?

Adviser Mills C.C.D. :

I know it is hard when the desires for family growth are split.

Adviser Mills C.C.D. :

There are many pros, some cons being like I mentioned above and the fact that your age may become an issue while they are still young. But, if you live a healthy and fit lifestyle, you have decades of being able to keep up. Let me know some of her worries and I will try to help more specifically. I work with parents of all ages, so I understand this topic, very well.