Bonnie, Psychologist
Experience:  and pediatric nurse practitioner with 30 years of experience counseling parents.

i am a mother of 4. my 16 yr old son is out of control. im

Customer Question

i am a mother of 4. my 16 yr old son is out of control. im on disability. what do i do?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Bonnie replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for consulting JA,

I am sorry to hear about your situation with your son. It sounds like you have tried several things already and still needing more. Do you feel that the mental health treatment and the legal system have not been helpful? Would you like information on having him placed out of the household? What state are you in? city?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no the mental health treatment nor the legal system ahs been helpful at all!!!!!! yes i need information on how to get him placed out of the home however im being i would have to pay and i cant i have a limited income. i live in lagrand county of indiana.

Expert:  Bonnie replied 3 years ago.
Hi again Tammy,

You can file a petition with the courts to have him put in foster care. This is called a CHINS petition (CHild in need of services). You are saying that you are not able to keep him safe (from himself). You should contact your Child Protective Services agency for more informtion.

You can plead with the court about the finances.

I am sorry this took so long and I hope it helps...