professional_Alison
professional_Alison, Child Care
Experience:  Degree in early years,16 years experience in childcare
65051498

I am a single parent of 4 beautiful young children. I work

I am a single parent of 4 beautiful young children. I work full time. Most of the time I feel overwhelmed and exhausted. Recently I have started exploding with temper shouting and swearing at them when they are naughty. I have also hit them in a rage. I am so ashamed of my behaviour abd tell myself everyday to be calm but I always fail. I am desperate for help for me and my children but daren't tell anyone how bad it is. Please help.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  professional_Alison replied 1 year ago.

professional_Alison : Hello there, may I help you? First of all may I say there is nothing Wrong with admitting you are struggling and asking for help. You are working full time and parenting four children alone. I completely understand you need some help. Do you have some friends or grandparents you could turn to for support.
professional_Alison : Write down a plan of action for yourself, how you aim to deal with the children when they do not behave, time out, progress charts etc. if you feel yourself losing control then take the child away from the situation they are misbehaving in, perhaps with a sibling to another room and then allow yourself five minutes to calm down and decide what strategy you will use to deal with the situation. It is important to remain consistent with the children's discipline but I equally understand how hard this is when coping on your own. Do the very best you can without losing control.
professional_Alison : If you perhaps had a friend or family member that could come and help you for a few hours a week just as a means of support in the short term it would be very beneficial. Parenting does not come with a manual and you are only human. It is ok to ask for help. I think I you went to your doctor and explained this there may also be services available to help and support you.
professional_Alison : There are also single parent support groups which may also be of use to you. I hope I have helped, do let me know if I can assist you further.
professional_Alison, Child Care
Experience: Degree in early years,16 years experience in childcare
Thank you for your rating, let me know how you get on, if I can help you further I will be very happy to support you.