Rafael M.T.Therapist
Rafael M.T.Therapist, Family Counselor
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach

hi my wife want divorce but i can not i have 2 kids i like

Customer Question

hi my wife want divorce but i can not i have 2 kids i like both of them more than any thing in this world
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Jen Helant replied 3 years ago.
I would like to help.
Are you wanting to save your relationship for your children or for your wife as well?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

well i have alot of trouble with my wife , but for my kids i wil do any thing

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
she didnt answer my question
Expert:  Dr. L replied 3 years ago.
I would like to help you with your question.

I am sorry that your wife wants a divorce and that a divorce might also take you away from your two children.

Divorce should be a last resort after doing all one can to save the marriage. Have you gone to couple's counseling? Or would you consider that?

One of the most important things that you can do for your children is to work to repair the relationship with your wife and to try to build a strong marriage with her. If this is not possible and she is unwilling to get counseling or help, then I would encourage you to see a lawyer to see what options you have. Every state has different divorce laws, and so it would be important for you to see a lawyer to find out what your rights are and what options there are for custody of your children.

I can only imagine how heartbreaking this is for you. Divorce is very difficult. I am very sorry.

Please let me know if counseling is an option for you and your wife.

Thank you.