empathy-reborn, Child Care
Experience:  L3 in CCLD. Acted as a SENCo. Voluntary Exp with Young People of all ages

My daughter says that my 4 year old granddaughter does not

My daughter says that my 4 year old granddaughter does not want to see me.

empathy-reborn : It may be worth just keep talking to your daughter. You may find that it's your daughter who doesn't want to see you and is using her child as a weapon for this. So just keep talking normally no pressuring her. Just the normal everyday chatter and see what becomes of it.

Do I need to tell her that it is her who does not want to see me?

You are absolutely right. I sent my gaughter some books from "Amazon".com on a new approach whiah is called "Natured Heart Approach" which I consider is very useful for everybody. She thinks that those books are for Special Ed. children, that's why she became angry and told me that my granddaughter does not want me to come to visit her on Christmas.

Thank you for your help.

empathy-reborn : Your probably best to let your daughter settle as any confrontation could make things worse.
empathy-reborn : Just send the odd email just to let her know your okay and that your thinking about her.

Just thought I'd check in to see how things are progressing.