proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor

How would i discipline my 6 year old little girl for vandalism

How would i discipline my 6 year old little girl for vandalism and for lying about it?
Hello and Thank You for using Just Answer. Your daughter is young and cannot truly grasp the seriousness of her actions. However, she will know that what she did was not appropriate as evidenced by the consequences.

Keeping her away from her friend she committed the crime with is a good idea especially if the friend remains a bad influence. Additionally, you need to have your daughter write a letter to the person she caused the vandalism to and tell the person face to face with you there.

Not buying her anything for two weeks is also good. Also, limit tv and video games as well as any fun outings.

Furthermore, you may want to tell her that if she was an adult and did those actions then she might go to jail. Put a little fear in her mind.

Hope this helps. Have a great day!!!