professional_Alison
professional_Alison, Child Care
Experience:  Degree in early years,16 years experience in childcare
65051498

Hi my son is 14. I registered him for a 12 session course in

Hi my son is 14. I registered him for a 12 session course in sexual education, contraception, respectful relationships etc taught at our church (a liberal church). My son refuses to go after the first session although he says the teachers are ok, he feels that he cannot talk about sex with people whom he does not know and who seem weird to him. I think this is a unique opportunity to understand and be informed about sex and discuss maybe things that he would not ask us. He says that he does not go so should I pressure him or not? Thank you.

professional_Alison : Hello there, may I help you? It may be worth having a talk with your son again and gently trying to persuade him to go. If he is still insisting he doesn't want to go I would not force the situation. He will have sex education in school and as long as he knows he can come to you and ask anything he needs to know. If he has any worries or concerns there are some good books available on amaz
professional_Alison : Amazon to help teenagers understand sex education which are age appropriate and not too graphic. Do let me know if I can assist you further. I wish you all the best.
Customer: Thank you could you please recommend me some book titles ?
Customer: Thank you please can you recommend some titles?
professional_Alison : Certainly here are two very good ones.
professional_Alison : The Sex Book: A no-nonsense guide for teenagers (Paperback)Jane Pavanel
professional_Alison : Sex, Sperm, & STD's: What Every Teenage Boy Needs to Know (Paperback)Rajasingam S Jeyendran PhD, Megan...