Jen Helant
Jen Helant, Child Care
Experience:  I have my bachelors degree in psychology. I worked with children. Since then I have raised and still raising 3 wonderful boys.

the mother of my step daughter died several years ago. Now

the mother of my step daughter died several years ago. Now when she visits her childhood home with her new husband she wants to sleep in my marital bed when her dad and I are not home. I THINK IT IS WRONG her dad says it is ok- what do you say. It is not like she doesn't have a room in the house - it is that she wants to sleep in our marital bed.
I do think it is odd that she did this. I would not think it is okay. It is disrespectful what she is doing. Some people are so strict about there beds since that is where they sleep it is sacred, so do not even like people sitting on their beds. I think you should see if she does it again and then have a serious talk with your husband explaining to him why you do not agree with him. You both then would need to make a decision that you both can handle about how the two of you move forward with this. If someone needs to talk to her i would suggest that he does rather than you since it may be easier for her to understand and accept it.
Please let me know if I can be of further help.