SREED177
SREED177, Family Counselor
Experience:  I have a Master's In Marriage and Family Therapy, and have been in the field for 4 years.
20550412

hello, was wondering, do you know the average cost of having

hello, was wondering, do you know the average cost of having a child per year, through the age of 18? I am looking to start a family, and need info to make budget. Thanks!
The average cost of raising a child to the age of 18, has been reported to be anywhere between $225,000 to $275,000. If you divide that per year than the cost comes around to $11,842 to $14,473 per year. This number can be higher or lower depending on how you raise you child.

This could mean putting them in private schools, sports, child care needs, medical care, or other activities throughout their life that may cost additional money that the average family may not do. In addition, the estimate above does not include college. So if you plan so send your children to college than the cost could be more.