Jen Helant
Jen Helant, Child Care
Experience:  I have my bachelors degree in psychology. I worked with children. Since then I have raised and still raising 3 wonderful boys.

I have a little boy who is 3 in 2 wks time, he is very aggressive

I have a little boy who is 3 in 2 wks time, he is very aggressive towards his family especially his older brother & sister and dad, he bites them, pushes them thumps them, hes screams and screams in temper tantrums usually through not being understood, he has limited speech, which is clear at times, or very mumbled up words and sounds, his sleep pattern is very disruptive to the family as he wont settle, and gets up during the night disturbing others, he will only wear certain clothers, spiderman, and shouts and screams if we try to put him in other items, is this usual for a 3 yr old or have you any advice thanks louise

I think most of this behavior can stem from him having issues with his speech. He may feel frustrated that he can not express what he wants to and he lets it out in this manner. I think once his speech is improved you will see a major difference.

In the meantime I would try redirecting his attention to positive things. Also, even though his speech is limited he still will understand when you speak. He is not too young to try time outs or even taking away privileges. You can start with just a few minutes since he is so young. Consistency is the key and very important this way he will see which behavior is acceptable and which is not.