Jen Helant
Jen Helant, Child Care
Experience:  I have my bachelors degree in psychology. I worked with children. Since then I have raised and still raising 3 wonderful boys.

What is a good time for a Child to be in bed if he has to be

What is a good time for a Child to be in bed if he has to be in school at 9:30 am?
How old is your child and what time does he need to wake up and leave in the morning in order to be at school at 9:30?
That will help me better answer your question
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

he is Eight years old. And hes a slow goer!

Most kids his age would need about 10-11 hours of sleep per night for them to stay focused in school. I would say to start putting him to bed at the 11 hour range since it may take him a few minutes to get to sleep. If you see he is tired or takes longer to fall asleep then I would say start putting him to bed 11 1/2 hrs before wake up time. Try to eliminate active activities right before bed as well. If you see he pops out of bed before wake up time then he may need less sleep and be on the lower end of the spectrum, so you could then put him to bed between 10 and 10 1/2 hrs before wake up. So if he needs to get to school at 9:30 am I would say depending the amount of travel time he will wake up around 7:00 am and should be in bed between 8:00 and 9:00 pm, but can get in bed few minutes before depending if he takes long to fall asleep, but if he's the type that falls asleep the second he hits the pillow then he can would not need to go lIttle before. I hope this was helpful please let me know if you need any clarification. Thanks,