Bonnie, Psychologist
Experience:  and pediatric nurse practitioner with 30 years of experience counseling parents.

i have a 2 year old daughter and i had put her father on child

i have a 2 year old daughter and i had put her father on child support last year due to the face of him not providing for my daughter since day one..he was always acknowledging his two other children which always bothered me..he even broke contact me as in changing his number and even moved to a different address..hes so mad about me putting him on papers but what do you expect if you dont put in any effort to take care of your child??a DNA test was done by the courts and it was proven that he is the father..recently i found out through the courts that he has additional which did shock me..i tried reaching out to his family and 2 of the children's mothers and they basically blew me off like me and my daughter didnt exist...i can see if i came up disrespectful but i didnt..all i did was introduce myself and who my daughter was..was i wrong in this situation?
Hello and thank you for consulting JA,

It seems like you were trying to find out if they were interested in knowing that their children has another sibling in the world. Maybe the kids would like to meet each other and become connected to their blood relative. Well, the answer is now clear...they are not interested. I do not think you were wrong because someday, when the children are adults, they will want to know if they have other family.

Now the problem may be that father was not truthful about all his offspring and what you did is causing him some difficulty. Oh well, like you said, it is his responsibility to care for ALL of his children.

At least you tried, maybe someday they will be glad that you did but for now I would just let it go.

Warm regards,