earthsister
earthsister, Parent
Experience:  Home Child Care Provider, and mother of 4; two pre-teen boys and twin baby girls.
67703226

My 15 year old daughter was approached by a 30 year male, and

My 15 year old daughter was approached by a 30 year male, and now they are seeing each other. She intends to move in with him in two months when she turns 16. This 30 year old male is living with his parents, is a chronic alcoholic and has been convicted and inprisoned for dealing drugs and theft.
They way they met appears to me to be a text book case of grooming.
My daughter is an A* student doing her GCSE's with great potential. It all seems to be slipping away for this low life scum. I'm at my whits end.

Nick
Desperate father.

earthsister :

Good evening, I would like to assist you today.

Customer:

Hello

earthsister :

I am sure that a 30 year old being with your 15 year old is probably not legal,and is possibly statutory rape: have you attempted any legal action?

earthsister :

ok, I am now reading your extra input...

Customer:

Police have been informed but did not want to take immediate action as they are classing her as 'a vulnerable case' and fear she may flee.

Customer:

Not sure if the police can take action regarding under aged sex, unless my daughter actually admits it is goin on.

Customer:

I know what I would like to do, but I would end up in prison myself.

earthsister :

I see. Well, they are going to be speaking to her soon?

earthsister :

and I do understand.

earthsister :

the police will be speaking to your daughter that is?

Customer:

A lady from the police is going to be speaking to her today in school. The support worker is meeting with her on Wednesday morning.

earthsister :

That is all good.

Customer:

My daughter refuses to see the dangers, and say we don't understand. She believes every word that this 30 year old says.

earthsister :

What kinds of things have you already tried saying to her?

Customer:

We have tried pointing out the hazards, and how she is being 'groomed'. Unfortunately I work away so my wife is having to deal with it personally. She has no comprehension of what living with an alcoholic is like, she says this man has changed in the few weeks they have known each other and he no longer has anything to do with drugs. Also she is adament that she knows what she is doing.

Customer:

Not sure what the police will do as she turns 16 in eight weeks.

earthsister :

It us best that you do stay in contact with the police to see what other action can be taken. The meeting with the social worker should also provide you with useful information.

Customer:

Sorry, I have to go. Thankyou for your help.

earthsister :

Do keep talking with your daughter about this. As difficult as it will be to remain calm, do your best