Dr. Rossi
Dr. Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Parenting Book Author, 13+ years of experience.

TS - 211

Hi Dr. RossiD, can you tell me what I should do about my daughter

Your question posted in the dream interpretation section. It seems that your post may have gotten cut off.

Would you pls clarify more about your daughter's issues and her age? Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My daughter will be 22 on 9/3012. She lives with people that I think are toxic. She has PTSD after being given a date rape drug and being sexually assulted. She has a Grand Mal Seizure Disorder. Her father was physically abusive. She developed a drug addiction. And is making some terrible choices which could effect the rest of her life. I no longer have my home as a stable foundation for us. My question is what to do I don't have enough money to rent a motel, I am looking at craigslist for a room for myself. I don't want to leave her behind Im not sure she really wants to come with me anyway. Maybe my question needs Psychology and Tarot? I think the people she lives with are career criminals. And my daughter is way to trusting.

Thanks for elaborating Jacqueline.

Your daughter may have become dependent on them for some reason. She may also want to act as an "adult" and live separately from you. You can only speak to her about her own situations- is she satisfied, happy, comfortable, etc. What are some of her short term goals re: work, relationships, finances, etc.

If she thinks that you're judging her choices or rebuking her, she'd withdraw. It may be better to approach this from her stand point and see what she has to say. She may have not even thought about her life in the long run and her decisions are oriented towards immediate situations she's facing.

She would benefit from counseling if she's willing to consider it. You alone can't solve all of these issues for her. Of course, she could decide against it too.

It may be cheaper to rent a room in someone's home rather than a motel. At least that is another option to look into. Or, possibly considering having a roommate at the motel to split the cost of the room. Extended stay motels may offer more than a regular one. You could put your own ad onto craigslist in regard to that. A church and/or the Salvation Army could be decent places to also seek some information about living situations. Some churches are providing temporary housing/shelter.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Nevermind Dr. RossiD. I see that I am not on the $55 a month plan and can not afford to spend extra money this month. Thank you for your time and consideration