KansasTherapist
KansasTherapist, LSCSW
Experience:  17 years experience with depression, abuse, and borderline.
65252638

Hello. I read my 8 year old daughters diary and it has some

Hello. I read my 8 year old daughters diary and it has some references to sex in it. She said she knows sex hurts the first time and that when she is 14 she will let a boy touch her breasts. Should I be worried? I feel like she is very interested in sex for her age.
Most parents worry about our child becoming sexualized at too young an age, but are a bit confused about how young is too young. Truthfully, your daughter's interest doesn't seem inappropriate for her age, at least the way you describe it. I wouldn't worry about giving her too much information about sex either. Accurate information is good for kids and it it's too far over their head, they'll ignore until they're ready to process it. I'm wondering what made you decide to read her diary.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your answer. She actually lets me read her diary all the time. I really expected some cute stories and pictures! I guess it is definitly time for some more defined boundries. Thanks again for your reassurance

You're more than welcome.