Rafael M.T.Therapist
Rafael M.T.Therapist, Family Counselor
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach

Lost my parents, my daughter left for college and my son moved

Lost my parents, my daughter left for college and my son moved with his dad! Would this cause major anxiety?? Please help

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Hello, I am Rafael. Thanks for asking your question - I'm here to support you. (Information posted here is not private or confidential but

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I am very sorry to know about this overwhelming situation in your life.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Each one of the circumstances you depicted here could easily create or trigger significant anxiety in anybody in your shoes. All of them happening together just makes thins harder to cope with.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

The core issue here seems to be deep grief since several core family members are not close to you anymore, from parents to children.

Customer: Not sure what will help but wanted to have a professional opinion
Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Then I wonder who are part of your support system right now, and how much sharing you keep with those willing

to share and support you?

Customer: Should I try an anxiety medication such as Xanax?
Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Being depressed and experiencing anxiety is tough, but it is not through psychiatric drugs that people can better cope, heal and rehabilitate from these disorders, but only through real work on the core life issues-challenges leading to them, and for that adequate psychotherapeutic support is essential.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Please do not try any medication like Xanax unless prescribed by a competent psychiatrist aware of your medical history and how well other drugs have affected you. No drug would allow you to better cope nor to resolve life issues, for that you need to work on yourself with counseling or psychotherapy support. if you feel medication truly helps you, then work with your psychiatrist on it, but please do not disregard necessary psychotherapy, otherwise these disorders would get worse no matter how powerful drugs you may take.

Customer: Thank you
Rafael M.T.Therapist :

You're very welcome. Please get the support you need to build the well-being you deserve.