earthsister
earthsister, Parent
Experience:  Home Child Care Provider, and mother of 4; two pre-teen boys and twin baby girls.
67703226

how can i have more patience with my child. i get so frustrated

how can i have more patience with my child. i get so frustrated when she interupts my sleep or wont let me go to sleep?

earthsister :

Good morning, I would like to assist you today.

earthsister :

As the mother of twin one year olds, I can certainly relate to the frustration of getting very littler sleep. How old is your child?

Customer:

5 months old. and she's teething.

earthsister :

You will definitely have many nights of no or little sleep with your teething youngster, know this and prepare for this in advance. Make sure to have any supplies you need close by and accessible, diapers, teething gel, teethers, etc., and it may even help to sleep with baby close by at this point and time. It would help to have a portable crib, or a cot that you can place in the babies room if possible.

earthsister :

Get the help of others whenever you can. If you have spouse, or family and friends who you trust and can take baby off your hands for an hour or two, so that you can rest on any given day, take advantage of that.

Customer:

well this is my firsr child and im a young mother. i have friends and family to help but i just cant bring myself to be apart from her. i worry. and i just feel terrible and uneasy

earthsister :

And I can most certainly understand that. Even if you do not leave your baby, but get the assistance of someone else, this may help give you a bit more of a chance to at least relax and certain times during the day.

earthsister :

I also suggest practice breathing or meditation techniques; Yoga or Tai Chi may be good to get involved in, and can help to develop your ability to remain calm and patient in hectic situations (such as a crying baby)

Customer:

ok thank you.

If you do need any further insight or ideas on this issue, including any ideas about how to help your 5 month old sleep better, please do not hesitate to message for me, "earthsister." I wish you the best.