professional_Alison, Child Care
Experience:  Degree in early years,16 years experience in childcare

hello my 2 and half years boy doesnt like fruit just he takes

Customer Question

my 2 and half years boy doesn't like fruit just he takes watermelon.when he was 1he liked benana and grapes and a bit apple.he doesn't like to touch wet stuff.

what should I do?thanks a lot
Category: Parenting
Expert:  professional_Alison replied 4 years ago.

professional_Alison : Hello there, may I help you? Don't worry too much about this, it may be a phase. There are other ways to get him to eat fruit without realising it. For example make a smoothie with milk or yoghurt mixed with puréed fruit. Try desserts such as apple crumble or upside down pineapple pudding. Making muffins and adding fruit is an excellent idea. Try to introduce lots of different fruit into his diet to try. Also try dried fruits such as raisins, mango, cranberries.
professional_Alison : If he doesnt
professional_Alison : If he doesn't like to touch it chop up a small bowl of fruit salad and let him use a spoon or fork. Try not to worry or make an issue of him not eating
professional_Alison : Fruit as he will pick
professional_Alison : Up on your anxiety and probably refuse more. Keep the experiences happy and positive and eat fruits with him so he sees you eating it.
professional_Alison : Make fruit cake and banana cake and also encourage him to eat fruit yogurts. Take him shopping with you and ask him to choose which fruit he would
professional_Alison : Like.
professional_Alison : Another idea is fruit kebabs which can be dipped in chocolate for a real treat! I hope this helps. Do let me know if I can assist you further. Good luck!
JACUSTOMER-3fsx3ekz- :

thank you so much

I will try to do your exprience to see and I will inform you.

Best Regards