professional_Alison
professional_Alison, Child Care
Experience:  Degree in early years,16 years experience in childcare
65051498

my son went on a irish course and has been sent home because

my son went on a irish course and has been sent home because of his behaviour, he was diagnosed with ADD. i am collecting him from the train today, how do i deal with this in a proper manner, your suggestions are welcome

professional_Alison : Hello there, may I help you? I think ou need to express your disappointment with him and impose a
professional_Alison : Punishment, whether it be groundig him for a week or no television or computer use for a week. You need to explain it was a privilege to be allowed to go on this course and he has let you down by misbehaving. Get him to write a letter of apology to the school too.
professional_Alison : He needs to understand that I'd he can't behave when away with the school he will miss out on opportunities and will not be allowed to go. Firm but fair is the key here. Please let me know if I can assist you further.
professional_Alison, Child Care
Experience: Degree in early years,16 years experience in childcare
Good morning,

I think that although children with ADD are able to learn and develop just like other children, it's not always best to carry out the same kinds of punishment that you would for a non ADD child, especially considering that he threatens to kill himself if not given his way. I think that in this case, your best option is to consult his pediatrician/ doctor or therapist on different methods to effectively discipline him. This article has a nice recommendation of posting a chart that outlines the house rules and the punishments that result from breaking them; as well as rewards for following them; this may be a good idea to implement with your son: http://www.livestrong.com/article/23095-discipline-child-add/

If you need any further insight into my answer, please message for "earthsister",

I wish you the best.
Thank you, lete know how you get on, I am still here to help if you need further advice.