professional_Alison, Child Care
Experience:  Degree in early years,16 years experience in childcare

Dear Sir/Madam, I am a 45 year old mother of a 15 year old

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am a 45 year old mother of a 15 year old daughter from Iraq. I have been living in the UK since 2005 away from my daughter whom I was forced to be separated form her for various reasons. Finally our dream is coming true and she is hopefully would be able to join me next month.
She is looking forward to come over and has really big dreams to achieve in the uK like studying medicine in Oxford or cambridge. She had been always an outstanding achiever at school in Baghdad.
Her mother language is Arabic but she can communicate in English a little.
I am a doctor and starting a full time very busy job as a hospital doctor at Broomfield hospital in Chelmsford.
Do you know how to go about my daughter's wishes and goals?
What schools are best there?
What school level she would go to?
What about the language barrier?
WOuld she be able to achieve her goals? as for her those mean life?
Many thanks

professional_Alison : Hello there, may I help you? I live in billericay which is next to Chelmsford so I can help you with this one.
professional_Alison : Your daughter may need extra support to improve her English, a private tutor can help with this. There are some excellent schools in Chelmsford including Chelmsford county high for girls. If she is 15 I am guessing she is coming up to gcse year or completed it. If so may I recommend a levels which will is she gets good grades lead onto university. If it is her dream to study medicine really encourage this. Look at university's in a year or so and start to apply.
professional_Alison : Coming here is going to be a big change for your daughter and she is going to needs lots of support. The school will also be able to provide help and advise with regard to the best path for her to choose considering her steer choice. It may also be worth seeing a careers advisor. Take it a step at a time, find a school to continue her studies, get some help with developing her language skills and then allow the school to support the next stages.
professional_Alison : Do let me know if I can assist you further. I wish you all the best.

thanks for your advice.

I have further two questions:

1. Do you know how can I find an English tutor? and what rate they may charge?

2. Do I need to rent within the catchment area of that school you recommended?

professional_Alison : Hello, you would be in a better position to get into a chosen school if you live in the catchment area yes. If you go onto and search for a tutor by postcode you will find some in there. Alternatively if yu contact Essex county council they should be able to give you a list of English tutors in your area.
professional_Alison : Also I have just found.
professional_Alison : If you type in to English tutor in chelmsfOrd a huge list comes up, some of which are online learning which may also be beneficial.
professional_Alison : They will be in the region of 20 pounds an hour.

thanks Alison