professional_Alison, Child Care
Experience:  Degree in early years,16 years experience in childcare

my husband and i are both out of work and have different health

my husband and i are both out of work and have different health problems, but would like to foster can we do this as part of a job in the sence could we live off being foster parent, there is no issue of looking after them as we have a 8 yr old our self.

professional_Alison : Hello there, may I help you? When you foster a child you are given an income in a sense which could also be classed as a wage as well as money to pay for the needs of the child. If you have health problems you need to see whether that would affect your chances of becoming a foster parent. You need to also consider your eight year old and how it will effect your family fostering as many children in need of foster care have had a bad upbringing or disturbing life experience and this in turn can affect a whole family. I commend you on considering fostering as it is a very worthwhile job and there are many children out there in need of a home and plenty of love. Please let me know if I can assist you further.

thank you thats great