earthsister, Parent
Experience:  Home Child Care Provider, and mother of 4; two pre-teen boys and twin baby girls.

We have a social networking website which connects parents

We have a social networking website which connects parents of kids classmates.
To increase the interactions and engagement among parents, I plan to send a “About You” Questionnaire to parents asking them questions about them (like, your hobbies, your parenting tip, etc.). We will then display parent’s response on the website so other parents can know more about each other.

Could you help me draft a concise and causal email that I can send to parents to fill the questionnaire. Please suggest 7-8 questions for such quesionnaire with the goal that other parents would find their responses useful and/or interesting. in that email. Please reply ASAP.

earthsister :

Hello, I would like to help you today.

earthsister :

That website sounds very ingenious, I would love to see it someday. Some possible questions that I can think of include: 1) What kinds of activities does your family do during the summer? 2) What time is bedtime for your children? 3) What are some ways you praise your child's good behavior? 4) What techniques and activities help you to be a calm and peaceful parent? 5) What's your style of parenting (a. Authoritarian b. Authoritative c. Permissive d. Uninvolved, 6) What is your biggest parenting "pet peeve?" (things that your children do that get on your nerves), 7) Are you involved in any parenting or child related jobs or activities (coach, youth counselor, child care provider, etc.), 8) What is your all time best piece of parenting advice that you would like to share (on any topic)?

earthsister :

I hope that these questions help somewhat. Let me know if you need any further input. Thanks.

thanks. Do you have any suggestions to write introductory line while i send this questionnarie in an email. 2-3 casual lines will be work

earthsister :

It would be nice to introduce the questionnaire and website in the first 1 or 2 lines, something like: We are launching """ social networking site for parents of classmates to keep up with one another. Our site will offer opportunities for parents of classmates to share and learn from one another. We are asking that you fill out our brief questionnaire to help introduce yourself to the other parents on our site. (Give or take a few words).

I am glad to have been of assistance. If you need any further help on this, or another parenting question, please message for "earthsister." Thanks again!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going, and to find out if you need any further assistance.

Let me know,