earthsister, Parent
Experience:  Home Child Care Provider, and mother of 4; two pre-teen boys and twin baby girls.

if there is extremem paretnal alienatioun syndrome and the

if there is extremem paretnal alienatioun syndrome and the laienating parent has the opportunity to set up a counceling appt, should the alienated parent go in beofre their children and just give a quick brief history of their side of things, before the alienated child tells their distorted view on things. because i think that if they dont it will be a continium of the alienated childs perception and the therapist may not be aware that this could be the situation?

-also if calling a therapist the therapist makes such statements as "mom has to know" and "i need to see that the father can take them on his own" does that already show bias towards dad if it was said in a condescing tone?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  earthsister replied 4 years ago.

earthsister :

Hello, I would like to provide my input on your question. I think that in being the alienated parent that schedules the appointment, it would be acceptable to speak with your therapist about any concerns beforehand. I do think however that the therapist will only be able to really understand what is going on by meeting with all parties involved at one time (*including the non alienated parent who could be contributing to the problem). I am not sure exactly what the statements mean that the therapist made: "mom has to know," I would need a little more information about the conversation to give my input about what is said. I do think that it does take a true professional to recognize that this can be a problem, and if you sense a certain tone in your therapist, perhaps you have not found the right one. gives you the opportunity to do an advanced search for your zip code in order to find the right therapist to fit your needs..0

earthsister :

excuse the typo, I had a technical error, here is the website:

earthsister :

They have an A rating from the BBB and no complaints. I am confident that if you are not satisfied with your current therapist that you can find the best therapist for your needs here. If there is any other way that I can be of assistance, and if you have any further comment, please message for earthsister.