professional_Alison
professional_Alison, Child Care
Experience:  Degree in early years,16 years experience in childcare
65051498

my daughters father and i separated 3 years ago, im finding

my daughters father and i separated 3 years ago, im finding it hard being a single mother and im finding myself always yelling at her. she is always doing things to get into trouble and isnt listenting to me at all. how can i fix this???
Category: Parenting
Expert:  professional_Alison replied 2 years ago.

professional_Alison : Hello there, may I help you? How old is your daughter?
professional_Alison : It sounds like you are having a difficult time, I would be happy to help here.
Customer:

my daughter is 5

Customer:

what are some tips for me to fix this issue?

professional_Alison : You need to set some boundaries for your daughter, let her know what you expect of her and let her know that there will be consequences if she doesn't follow your rules. Another idea is to introduce a progress chart so that she gets a sticker for each day of good behaviour, when she has five stickers she can have a magazine for example, when she gets to ten she has a special outing, swimming for example.
professional_Alison : Remain consistent with your boundaries and plenty of praise when she displays good behaviour.
Customer:

ok, i have another daughter who is 2, and my oldest is always being rude and pushy and hits her, and she also treats her friends who are younger then her the same way...how can i stop that

Customer:

?

professional_Alison : You need to be firm with her and let her know that this is not how to behave, that people will not want her to play if she pushes and is in acceptable. If she continues remove her from the situation for 5 minutes time out. Then explain why you removed her, ask her for an apology then allow her to join in again, support her play and remind her that her sister is younger and so we have to be kind and share, being gentle. Again praise positive behaviour. She will need to be reminded of how to behave and the behaviour she is distinguish is not uncommon. You just need to be firm and consistant so she learns what is acceptable.
Customer:

ok, i have another daughter who is 2, and my oldest is always being rude and pushy and hits her, and she also treats her friends who are younger then her the same way...how can i stop that??????

Customer:
professional_Alison, Child Care
Experience: Degree in early years,16 years experience in childcare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok thank you
Do let me know how you get on.