earthsister, Parent
Experience:  Home Child Care Provider, and mother of 4; two pre-teen boys and twin baby girls.

I think I have caught my daughter and her friend behaving inappropriate

I think I have caught my daughter and her friend behaving inappropriate and I am not sure how to deal with it.
Good morning, I would like to assist you today. I would first say to talk to your daughter about your suspicions. Let her understand that your concern is not so much about her interaction sexually with another girl, but her interacting sexually for her age period. Your daughter is at a curious and experimental stage (13 years old). Her interest may not be so much in girls, but in the experimentation of sexual activities period. And so she figures, who better to experiment with than her best friend of 13 years (her whole life). By approaching the issue this way, you do not make your daughter uncomfortable about any possible sexual preference that she may have. I also would recommend speaking to the parent's of your daughter's friend. Let them know your concerns, perhaps they have some as well, or at least can be aware and keep an eye out for their daughter as well. If you have any other questions or insight, or if you do not think that I have answered your question sufficiently, please message for "earthsister." Thanks.
I would like to also add, that when you speak to your daughter about sex, let her know the dangers that are involved all the way around, whether with a male or female (from pregnancy to sexually transmitted diseases of all kinds), and even how a sexual relationship often damages a good friendship (whether with male or female). Assure your daughter that as long as she stays healthy mentally and physically, she will be an adult much longer than a child (that's barely 18 years); sex (of any kind) can certainly wait. Again, I do not recommend focusing on the fact of being sexual with another girl, but strictly about being sexual period. Telling her that two girls together is wrong may cause her to be rebellious against you. At her age, many girls are curious about sex, and may experiment with other girls. Your daughter is perfectly normal, now only needs the appropriate sexual education and guidance.