TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker. Certified Coach Mom of Twins.
64783947

What is the appropriate age to take your baby to a childrens movie? Is 5 months to y

What is the appropriate age to take your baby to a children's movie? Is 5 months to young to take a baby to a cartoon movie?

CoachJenK :

Hi. Welcome. I am a Licensed Master Social Worker with more than 20 years experience working with individuals and families. I am also a mom of Twins.

CoachJenK :

Most likely a 5 month old wont get anything out of it...so if there are other grandkids going and you want to all be together then maybe go at a time where the 5 month old will sleep, but if you are asking if they will be able to focus, they wont be able to.

CoachJenK :

I will wait for you to come online so we can chat further and I get get further information.

Customer: I was just wondering if they would enjoy a short cartoon movie
CoachJenK :

its is a great question but I think they are too young....I think they might look at the screen for a minute if that, but wont get much out of it.

CoachJenK :

probably enjoy more fun time with you interacting with them and connecting in that way.

Customer: Ok thanks for your help
CoachJenK :

my pleasure. You are asked to give a rating and if I have been informative and helpful I appreciate a rating that shows that.

CoachJenK :

come to me anytime with your granparenting questions...it is my pleasure.

CoachJenK :

will you take the time and complete that for me?