How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Dan B. Your Own Question

Dan B.
Dan B., Family Counselor
Category: Parenting
Satisfied Customers: 19
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor
Type Your Parenting Question Here...
Dan B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a mother of 6 children and 4 of them are under four years

Customer Question

I am a mother of 6 children and 4 of them are under four years old i also have two teenagers
i have been dealing with alot i was attacked by a doctor in a parking lot on the 29th of may she also called cas on me after her dirty deed i feel lost and overwhelmed i do everything for my children but every child is different and unique in there own way and i have felt l have lost my faith i have not been in church in three weeks i dont know where i belong or what to do since this incident with the doctor it has caused alot of tension between me and my husband
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  earthsister replied 4 years ago.

earthsister :

Good afternoon, I would like to be of assistance to you today.

earthsister :

I can see that you have a lot going on in your life right now.

earthsister :

I am only able to provide you guidance or insight in areas related to parenting, I wish I could help with other issues, but that is not my field of expertise. What way, if any, can I assist you with any parenting questions?


i have an 3 month old baby and the doctor claims she is under weight she is 9 pounds and 60 cm long shes happy and content i think shes fine

earthsister :

I see, is this you primary concern, if so, it will be best that I connect you with one of our pediatric experts? Or are there other parenting issues?

earthsister :

I am sorry, I see that you are attempting to rate my answer, but I am truly yet to help you

earthsister :

Is there something as a parenting professional that I can answer for you today, or would it be best that I get you in touch with one of our pediatric, relationship, or mental health experts?

earthsister :

are you still there?

Expert:  Dan B. replied 4 years ago.
Hi. It sounds like you have a lot of concerns going on at the moment. I will do my best to address the parts of your question that I feel qualified to address.

There is a large variation on normal development of children. Often, when doctors only see patients for a short period of time, they only have a small piece of the puzzle to work with. They do show appropriate concern for the welfare of children, as that is part of their job. I wonder if it is only her weight or size that concerns them, or if they are seeing some other issues that they are concerned about (development, etc). Any time a doctor or other professional even suspects that there are any problems at home that constitute neglect or abuse they are obligated to report it (this doe not mean that it is happening or that I think it is happening). Honestly most of the time these reports do not result in any kind of action or it is found that there is no issue. When working with Child Services it is generally best to simply be upfront and honest in order to show that everything is fine. Just because there is a report, it does not necessarily mean that any action will be taken or even that you are doing anything wrong.

It also sounds like this doctor does not have your trust. I'm not sure exactly what happened or what you mean when you say you were attacked by the doctor. If it is a situation where you feel like the doctor treated you in a manner that was not appropriate or was even illegal you would be wise to contact a lawyer. I am not qualified to speak to that issue.

If you have lost trust in your doctor it may be wise to consider finding a new doctor. This way you could get a second opinion regarding your infant's development. If there are ways that your child could benefit from some intervention or something else it would be a shame for her not to get the services she needs due to a lack of trust between the doctor and parent.

I would also suggest that you look for ways to care for yourself during these times of stress. If going to church helps you, it may be a good idea to make it a priority to go. You may also find it beneficial to talk to a counselor or other professional. They will be much more helpful to you than I can be in this setting. Self care is very important especially at times when you are very stressed as you are now. As a counselor, I can tell you that there are many people who come in feeling completely overwhelmed with stress and the counseling relationship can be quite beneficial during these time. We are also bound by confidentiality, so it is someone who you could open up to and trust to give you unbiased feedback regarding this situation.

I hope that this was at least a little bit helpful. I wish you the best of luck with your children. Continue to keep your children's best interest in mind. Take Care.
Dan B., Family Counselor
Category: Parenting
Satisfied Customers: 19
Experience: Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor
Dan B. and other Parenting Specialists are ready to help you

Related Parenting Questions