Adviser Mills C.C.D.
Adviser Mills C.C.D., Child Care
Experience:  15 years Plus, Preschool Owner, Teen Mentor

We have 25 month old twins and for some reason my son wakes

We have 25 month old twins and for some reason my son wakes up from his afternoon nap always crying, which then causes my daughter who wakes up all smiles to also start crying. What is the best way to handle this problem of my son waking up crying all the time?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Adviser Mills C.C.D. replied 4 years ago.

Adviser Mills C.C.D. :

At this age, waking up crying is something they do. They are usually wet from the nap or hungry after a sleep. Make sure that he stays very comfortable at nap time, warm and dry. This will help.

Adviser Mills C.C.D. :

Also if you can arrange the schedules so that you can wake him before he wakes himself, this will help with your daughter joining in with the crying

Adviser Mills C.C.D. :

Most likely without waking him, before the cycle starts, this will continue. This is very normal. After 15 years of watching babies this age wake up, some just cry. They do not know where they are at for a moment, or are just uncomfortable.

Adviser Mills C.C.D. :

I know that with twins, it is easier for them to nap together, but if the main concern is the daughter becoming upset, you could try separate areas for nap.

Adviser Mills C.C.D. :

Also try a light snack before bedtime.

Adviser Mills C.C.D. :

I hope that this helps, this is a tough one. I hope that one of these suggestions help you with this.

Adviser Mills C.C.D. :

Thank you for choosing JA

Adviser Mills C.C.D. :

hello, I did not know this was you, hello!

Nice to hear it is normal. Thanks for your advice!