JohnMichaels,MS,LPC
JohnMichaels,MS,LPC, Counselor (LPC)
Experience:  25+ years working with familes and 6 children of my own.
68372260

I am a single unmarried working professional willing to adopt

Customer Question

I am a single unmarried working professional willing to adopt a child. Unfortunately, I am working most of the time, which I believe would not help my cause. So I thought it would be better to help an orphan financially with good education and help him / her into a well respected, educated person. Also, I am just an IT professional, so I make enough money to support myself and save something, which I am willing to contribute to some good cause. Can you suggest me any institutions, where I can help the orphans. I am afraid to google, since I might come across fake institutions who want to make money.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  JohnMichaels,MS,LPC replied 4 years ago.

JohnMichaels,MS,LPC :

That is an awesome idea. There are several good possibilities. Are you talking aobut international or domestic?

JohnMichaels,MS,LPC :

The Christian Children's Fund (www.childfund.org) is what comes to mind domestically. Internationally, World Vision (www.worldvision.org) and Compassion Internationa (www.compassion.com) are great organizations.

Customer:

I dont know. I am from India, I came as a student, did my masters in Computer Science. I am not a citizen of US, but I have no reservations of origin of a person. I just want my money to go to a good cause and help and see that child grow. Thank you for the links you sent, I will go through those. I had one more question. Its not that I make huge money, I earn good and make a considerable saving. Is it really possible to make contributions for a person like me? Do you have any idea of how much investments are to be made financially? Thank you again. It means a lot :)

Thank you for the accept! I did a little more thinking. A very good possibility for you is http://www.watoto.com/ which deals specifically with orphans from Uganda. I have a personal interest there as I adopted from Uganda. There is a great need there. They have the greatest concentration of orphans anywhere in the world with about 10 million. The investment is ussually around $25 a month. Please keep me posted aas to what you decide!
Hi! I appreciate you allowing me to help you maybe arrive at a solution the other day. I hope I was helpful. A very good possibility for you actually is www.watoto.com which deals specifically with orphans from Uganda. I have a personal interest there as I adopted from Uganda. There is a great need there. They have the greatest concentration of orphans anywhere in the world with about 10 million. the investment is ussually around $25 a month.Let me know if I can help you in any other way.

John Michaels, MS, LPC