proexpert37
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
49595756

Is it poor parenting for parents to not follow the rule: If

Is it poor parenting for parents to not follow the rule: If something is right today, make sure it is also right tomorrow, and if something is wrong today, make sure it is also wrong tomorrow. Because otherwise, that a child can get confused and wonder "make up your mind."?
Hello and thank you for requesting me. Unfortunately, parenting does not come with an instructional guide. Try to be consistent with rules, values, consequences, etc. However if you do make a mistake, admit your faults. Children do need to know that you are not perfect either but you can learn from your mistakes.

If something is right today, then it should be right tomorrow...especially if it is something positive or great! However if something is wrong today, make sure that you and your child know that it can be corrected or fixed to be right!

If you need further insight, request me again!