Adviser Mills C.C.D.
Adviser Mills C.C.D., Child Care
Experience:  15 years Plus, Preschool Owner, Teen Mentor

My wife and I are blessed with twins, who are two years old

My wife and I are blessed with twins, who are two years old at present. We travel and live in various places during the seasons, with Russia at the moment in the summer, and then Paris in the early fall, and Cayman Islands in the winter, and Barcelona Spain in the spring. We return to the same home each season, and we are looking at the idea of home schooling. With this said, we found K12.com to offer an excellent online schooling program, except the price of. $6k per year per kid seemed high. We plan to also hire tutors for the kids, but with that said, do you know of an inexpensive but excellent online home schooling program that you could recommend?

Also on a side note, will all this traveling hurt the kids? They are with us 24/7 and we look forward in seeing them grow up, and again they will be returning back to the same neighborhood, same home with us, but every three months moving causing them to see their various friends only for three month out of the year, and only keeping in touch by emails and skype.

Your thoughts on the subject would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Adviser Mills C.C.D. replied 2 years ago.

Adviser Mills C.C.D. :

Yes, I can help you with this. Thank you for choosing JA. I homeschool both of my children.

Adviser Mills C.C.D. :

Calvert offers an out of the box program that has everything you need including tests, also very easy to travel with. It includes workbooks and all text books you will need to be successful with and without tutors

Customer:

Do you know the cost?

Adviser Mills C.C.D. :

Travelling can only enrich your children's socialization and education. Your kids will grow to be flexible and deal with change better in the future.

Customer:

I have two other kids that went to private school at 22k per year, and I thought taking them to places they only normally read about is better.

Customer:

22k per year per child

Customer:

I am getting mixed thoughts on the traveling for I hear it can cause insecurity feelings.

Adviser Mills C.C.D. :

I will get that for you right now, we have done two years of that with my son. 8th grade now. I need to check new prices for the FALL real quick. Also, are you looking for your homeschool to have religion based education involved if so there is another program that is more inexpensive that I use with my youngest. YES! Both of mine have been in private their entire lives...so I totally agree. We feel experience is better then being cooped up in a classroom all day

Customer:

My wife and I agree with you

Customer:

No we would not be interested in religious based education

Adviser Mills C.C.D. :

the only insecurity will come from not having one place to call home. Make sure to always keep things that make each place the same...parts of home. You will get 100 million opinions.....You are the parents. You enjoy every second of those children they grow so fast.

Adviser Mills C.C.D. :

Ok then let me get you the new Calvert program and the one you need to use. I LOVE IT! It is very focused on student learning. I have watched my oldest become so independent with school. And he is autistic, soaring through. It is a 12 month program, so it is intensive and they will get everything they need.

Customer:

Interesting enough both my other kids lived such a sheltered life they have problems with dealing with day to day stress as a young adult

Customer:

I like the year round program idea also

Adviser Mills C.C.D. :

Yes, my exact point. I understand. I work with children in public, private and home school. No one is right, no one is wrong. But, every option is different.

Adviser Mills C.C.D. :

what grades will they be going into?

Customer:

Love is the most important thing you can give the kids

Customer:

They are just two now, and we are looking at getting them into some structured program

Customer:

As you see we are ahead of the game

Adviser Mills C.C.D. :

Totally agree...typing that with a huge smile. What you are doing for your kids is not easy. And imagine the worldly young adults they will become. New people. New experiences. A gift.

Customer:

A world and not just a country!

Adviser Mills C.C.D. :

That is right, I read that...Okay, Let me check. If Calvert can not help yet, I have the perfect alternative. I own the largest preschool in my area, you fell in the right hands

Adviser Mills C.C.D. :

yes!

Customer:

I oversaw a grant that taught 5,000 childcare providers each year in CPR and first aid for 5 years. I know what you guys go through.

Adviser Mills C.C.D. :

here you are!!!! 340 for the entire year. With everything you need in the box. And this comes with a HUGE thumbs up from a preschool director.

Customer:

This is the Calvert price? What a great low cost fee!

Adviser Mills C.C.D. :

Yes...then you know...I own a 7000 square foot facility....6 weeks to 12 years old..:)

Customer:

I promote water safety for children wordwide

Customer:

NBC Today Show with American Lifeguard Association

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/12576453#12576453

Customer:

Sounds like you have a fitness center and not a childcare center!

Customer:

7,000 sq ft

Adviser Mills C.C.D. :

Yes, you can add instructional support, for about 130 more. But, in my opinion. You do not need that option. Will you be starting this at 3, when full potty trained? We start prek at 2.5

Adviser Mills C.C.D. :

It feels like it sometimes ha

Adviser Mills C.C.D. :

No, we have 900 square foot classrooms. I believe in space to explore! And never overcrowding.

Customer:

Well not to take up any more of your time, but I want to say it was great talking to you!

Adviser Mills C.C.D. :

You can download a sample there also...But it is the best all in one, in my opinion

Customer:

I will take a look at it. Wishing you and your family a happy and safe summer. Good bye

Adviser Mills C.C.D., Child Care
Experience: 15 years Plus, Preschool Owner, Teen Mentor
thank you!!! you will find that it has a 5 star rating for a reason...and not based on religion like abeka. Great! if you need any home school support, you can find me here and even request me in the subject line!!! Good luck to you, and what a wonderful thing you are doing for your babies!
I hope you guys liked Calvert!

If you ever need assistance on your journey!

You can request me in your subject line. I hope you enjoy every minute of your adventures.