professional_Alison, Child Care
Experience:  Degree in early years,16 years experience in childcare

ra phi

Customer Question

I've just found out that my 21 year old son is taking meow meow - he has other health problems and is on antidepressants and long term antibiotics for a chronic skin condition. I new that he smoked weed but that seemed to be under control (if it ever is!). He hasn't come home, he's staying at a friends and he hasn't been to work so presumably he will have lost his job as he did a similar thing a month ago and they gave him his last chance. All my friends say kick him out but I'm worried that he'll do something awful and I just don't know what to do, who to talk to - I feel so alone with this.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  professional_Alison replied 4 years ago.

professional_Alison : Hello there, I can help you with this. May I ask how you found out?
professional_Alison : Although your son is an adult ,he is living with you so you do have the right to discuss this with him. You need to discuss the dangers of meow meow and the fact that he is breaking the law, not to mention the fact that this drug could be mixed with all manor of dangerous substances, people who sell drugs don't care about who buys it or the harm they come to. I think you need to use tough love here. If he has lost his job due to this drug taking he is on a dangerous slippery slope. I suggust you get him to drugs councelling, let him know that if he recognises he has a problem with drugs and gets help he can continue to live with you, if not he will have to leave. This way you are offering help and support but ultimately putting the decision on his hands.
professional_Alison :

Here is an articlewhich may provide you with useful information with the facts about Meow Meow

professional_Alison :

I hope this has helped, I will be happy to assist you further if you have any other questions.

Expert:  Adviser Mills C.C.D. replied 4 years ago.
I am sorry you are going through such a tough time.

You can get him into rehab, it only takes two signatures. Do you have any family that can help? I would suggest rehab right away to try to get to the bottom of the issue. He is dealing with some sort of pain that needs to be handled before he can get better. I would act fast, and get any help you need. This is not a time to be scared to ask for everyone to help you. Do not worry about family telling you to kick him out. He is the MOST important thing right now. Do everything you have to, to get him help. Bless you and your family.
Do you need more assistance with this question? Would love to help.
Do let me know if I can help you further.