KansasTherapist, LSCSW
Experience:  17 years experience with depression, abuse, and borderline.

Customer Question

I have been separated for 3 years and divorced for 2. My husband still questions everything I do and sends me nasty emails and feels the need to communicate with me on a daily basis! He has been married now for almost 2 years. I have a boyfriend for 2 years. I want to just get him out of my head and go on with my life but he still feels like he controls everything i do with the kids. And constantly insults my boyfriend who has 3 young children of his own. How can I make him understand that we are co-parenting yes but what I do during my time is my business not his!
Category: Parenting
Expert:  KansasTherapist replied 4 years ago.

KansasTherapist : Hello
KansasTherapist : How does he react when you don't respond?
JACUSTOMER-mfx4b7fg- :

He doesn't like the 1 or 2 word responses. He wants me to continue to argue with him. Has told me over the phone he feels violent toward me. I believe he is a narcissit.

KansasTherapist : It's very concerning that he says he feels violent toward you.
JACUSTOMER-mfx4b7fg- :

he just does it to get a reaction out of me

KansasTherapist : So you don't think he would ever do anything?
JACUSTOMER-mfx4b7fg- :

KansasTherapist : One of your options is to get a new email address and not give it to him.
JACUSTOMER-mfx4b7fg- :

we have 3 children

KansasTherapist : Perhaps you should continue what you've been doing.
JACUSTOMER-mfx4b7fg- :

ok i will

KansasTherapist : It's good that you're not arguing with him or trying to defend yourself.
KansasTherapist : Usually people like this calm down eventually but some don't, until the kids are grown up.
JACUSTOMER-mfx4b7fg- :

ok thank you.

KansasTherapist : I hope this helps. If you click accept that would be great.