professional_Alison
professional_Alison, Child Care
Experience:  Degree in early years,16 years experience in childcare
65051498

How do I start a day care in my home in Sacramento ca? where

How do I start a day care in my home in Sacramento ca? where do I go to get licensed?

professional_Alison : Hello there, may I help you? Could you confirm where you are please?
professional_Alison : You will need to get a qualification in child care first and register as a home carer. You will then have to make your home safe for children and will be inspected.
professional_Alison : I am in the uk so can only base my answers on what happens here.
professional_Alison : If you search how to become a childminder or how to get qualified as a home carer you should be able to find the information. There should be a childminders association.
Customer: I need information for Sacramento California.
professional_Alison : I have just looked it up as it says social services will be able to help you.
professional_Alison : You need to speak with the home licensing office.
Customer: thank you A
Customer: Thank you Alison!
Customer: how can I contact you if I have more questions?
professional_Alison, Child Care
Experience: Degree in early years,16 years experience in childcare
In order to start a home day care in Sacramento, you want to first contact your state's family licensing agency. You would schedule an orientation with them from where you would receive an information packet to apply. From there, you will need to complete several hours of child care training courses, as well as get CPR and first aid certified. I opened my home child care in Michigan in 2008; the entire process took about 4 months. Here is the number to apply for a license in Sacramento: (916) 263-4803, and this link should provide further insight and resources into the requirements of your city and state: http://www.sacramentokids.com/startadaycare.html
Please feel free to contact me if you need further assistance.
I wish you all the best!