earthsister, Parent
Experience:  Home Child Care Provider, and mother of 4; two pre-teen boys and twin baby girls.

I wonder if its a good idea to send my 2 year and 3 month old

Customer Question

I wonder if it's a good idea to send my 2 year and 3 month
old boy to one daycare two days a week starting in June, and
then when he's used to there, add 2 more days in another
daycare in September. The reason being the 2nd daycare
doesn't have full time openings and I liked there better.
Both are home-based daycare.

Will my toddler get confused? Or he will be happier
comparing to going to one daycare (too boring to go to the
same house, same teachers/kids etc)? Will he be able to
adjust to two environments in addition to home??

Category: Parenting
Expert:  professional_Alison replied 4 years ago.

professional_Alison : Hello there, may I help you? Children are very adaptable to situations and will cope with. Hangs after a period of settling in. It won't do your son any harm
professional_Alison : To go to two different settings as long as you introduce them with a gap. He won't get board with one either sI it is really down to personal choice.
JACUSTOMER-oh536yeo- :

Sorry I don't understand your answer. From child development and psychology perspective - what's best for them?

professional_Alison : Two settings will stimulate him and he won't get confused. That will be fine. If you choose only one he won't be board . It would be down to your personal choice.
professional_Alison :

Two settings will provide a change of scenery, different children, toys etc.

professional_Alison :

If you start one now and then one in September there will be time inbetween for your child to get used to one setting before starting another. He will also be a few months older. Having been in a setting will know more what to expect and understand when you take him.

professional_Alison :

If I can assist you further please let me know. If I have answered your question please accept.

Expert:  earthsister replied 4 years ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Will your 2 year old only be attending the child care in June for that month and never again after that? And how long do you plan to keep your child at the day care in September (just for that month, or longer)?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Both are long term arrangements - between June and September, he'd be going to first daycare twice a day (and rest of the time w/ grandpa and mom). Starting in September, he'd be then be going to the first daycare 2 times a day, AND add 2 more days to the 2nd daycare. The arrangement of 4 days to 2 daycares (1 day at home with mom) can go on until he's 4 to go to preschool.
I would definitely say that each child is different in a situation like this. Some children are social butterflies, and thrive off of meeting new people, and moving from here to there daily. Other children get comfortable with their surroundings, and too much change for them is not a good thing. You know your son best. Also know that each child care is different. You want to ask yourself about the quality of care that he will receive at each one. Between the ages of 2 and 4 are crucial periods in early learning; make sure that every minute counts. To give yourself more security, test things out if you can. Try him out in the multi-day care situation, and see how he responds. I know these kinds of decisions can be tough. I wish you all the best!