professional_Alison, Child Care
Experience:  Degree in early years,16 years experience in childcare

How important is encouragement to a kid?

professional_Alison : Hello there, may I help you? Positive encouragement is very important for any child, giving them the encouragement to succeed as build confidence is of the upmost importance.
professional_Alison : Giving a child praise and encouragement is also the grounds to build a well rounded confident adult.

For example, let's say that a kid tells his parents that he wants to be a doctor when he grows up, and his parents just acknowledge what he said like with an expression that is kind of like saying "O.K. whatever." And then for the kid to repeat again that he wants to be a doctor when he grows up and his parents respond "Yes, we know. You told us." And then whenever the kid visits grandparents, aunts, uncles, friends of his parents, etc., he tells them too, and his parents after that always instruct him before every visit "Don't be talking about wanting to be a doctor when you grow up." And then when the kid finally tells his parents "You never encourage me," The Parents respond "If you want to be a doctor, you just go out there and do it. You don't need me to encourage you." Can all of this discourage a kid? Thank you for your assistance.

professional_Alison : I

professional_Alison : You ate right that this kind of attitude can leave achild disheartened. It should be you can be whatever you want to be as long as you work hard. That's wonderful you want to be a doctor.