professional_Alison, Child Care
Experience:  Degree in early years,16 years experience in childcare

My little daughter, 8 yrs old has ADD, she is now on medication,

My little daughter, 8 yrs old has ADD, she is now on medication, but one of the big problems is that morning time, we need her to wake up, dress, take breakfast and GO...
she allways makes trouble, wains and in any reason she is allways late to school.
We tried all. Wake her up early, gice prices, tv time, computer time etc, good taking etc, but no luck. I almost to the point to carry her to the car in pijamas even she will scream and cry. Please HELP...

professional_Alison : Hello there, may I help you? Getting a child up and out of the door in the morning can be a testing time for any parent. I know you said you have tried getting her up earlier but continue to do this so she is not rushing. One evening after school sit down with her and make up a tick chart of all the things she has to do in the mornings before school. For example clean teeth, get dressed, have breakfast. This way she can physical tick them off once she has done them. At the end of the tick chart have a space for a sticker if she achieves the tasks. If she manages to complete a week and get to school on time there will be a reward. Discuss with her what she would like this to be, a special day out or a friend to tea for example.
professional_Alison : Explain to her that this is a special idea to help mak things easier on the mornings. Take time to do the tick chart together and explain how it will be used. A point of direction and a goal to aim for will really help her to want to achieve this aim of being ready in the morming. Make sure you make it fun and are very positive and encouraging.

Thanks I will try this week and let you know. Regards..