Howard Wise
Howard Wise, Child Care
Experience:  Counseling with a compassionate ear and a loving heart.

is it normal to from being your childrens hero, to being weird

is it normal to from being your children's hero, to being weird at age 13?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Howard Wise replied 4 years ago.
Good morning, this is Howard,

I think that it is. Can you tell me more?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
we'll I am a kind of a local celb and she would take my photo's to school and pin up pics of me on the wall, daddy daddy, now she says stuff like your weird, idon't like you, wants me to do things for her this minute or she'e mad.I can handle her being 13 now and having other people that inspire her and not me, but from 10 to 2??
Unfortunately, her behavior isn't unusual give that she is thirteen.

I don't understand what you mean by "from 10 to 2."
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

loves her daddy from 5-12 yrs old, 10, on a scale 1-10

loves her dad from 13, your weird don't talk to me2

mean and rude to me and totally the opposite of being a daddy's girl that she always has been.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX me to understand your question a little bit better. I know it's very hard for you but teenagers do tend to feel differently about their parents than they did when they were younger. That's all part of individualizing and becoming their own person.

This is going to be an adjustment period for you, given that you're not used to being treated so respectfully XXXXX XXXXX doctor. You might be interested in reading a book or two about how to parent a teenager. Below is a link to a good one, but there are many more.

Whatever you do, please keep in mind, that eventually, when your daughter is older, she will once again treat you with the love and respect that you deserve.
There was a typo in the above. I meant to write that you are not used to being treated so disrespectfully XXXXX XXXXX daughter.