professional_Alison
professional_Alison, Child Care
Experience:  Degree in early years,16 years experience in childcare
65051498

hi, my daughter has autism with challenging behaviors, which

hi, my daughter has autism with challenging behaviors, which are shown at school. last year she got permently excluded from mainstream school. she is statemented and has been going t.
o joy lane autism provision unit since september but just been excluded again for behavior. im on my own without any family or friends support as they have washed their hands of us. i feel trapped by my daaghter. i need help of some kind
Category: Parenting
Expert:  professional_Alison replied 2 years ago.

professional_Alison : Hello there, may I help you?
professional_Alison : Having read your information I am concerned that your daughter is not getting the help and support she needs when at school. If she is statemented and her behaviour is causing her to get excluded it is down to the school to put a plan in plae to help her. I believe that you need to go back to the school that have excluded her and ask where you should go from here. Does she have any one to one extra help when in school?
professional_Alison : I know you said you don t have any family but have you any friend or other you can turn to for support. I firmly believe you need to push the school to provide the next stage of action to help your daughter. You are doing the right thing by asking for help now you just need to see some action for your daughters best interests to be taken into account.
Customer:

yes she gets one to one help. she isnt very motivated to learn just learned bad behavior gets what she wants. im disappointed that we have been let down by the education system again

Customer:

no my friends work and have their partners for support where i dont have any of that. my dad lives 70miles away my family here doesnt want to know

professional_Alison : You need to be strong here and point out that she is now getting here negative behaviour reinforced and getting her own way the wrong way. You are doing all you can but the school need to work together with you in partnership.
professional_Alison : Have you considered a special needs nanny for a few hours a week to give you some help and support and also to allow her to bond with another adult?
Customer:

the school are looking at the other childrens safety in the classroom . i know what my daughter does isnt exceptable but i thought they were trained to deal with challenging behavior. there was an incident that may have caused the behaviors this week

Customer:

i dont know where to get information for support.. CAMHS dont seem to want to know either

professional_Alison : How much understanding does your daughter have on terms of the behaviour she displays as unacceptable?
professional_Alison : What about consulting the doctor?
Customer:

i dont know .. apparently she should be on some kind of behavior programme through camhs

Customer:

im going to talk to my doctor next week

professional_Alison : I recommend documenting what has happened how the school has dealt with it and going. To the principle. Put the ball in there court and ask well where do we go from here?
professional_Alison : Do talk to the doctor as he will also be able to advise you what to do wit regards XXXXX XXXXX behaviour.
Customer:

ok tuesday my daughter refused to go swimming and was then dragged back over to the unit half dressed and since then her behavior has been targeted at the teacher and my daughter has made accusations about her

Customer:

the behaviors havent been good for sometime but there has never been an action plan put in place

professional_Alison, Child Care
Experience: Degree in early years,16 years experience in childcare