professional_Alison
professional_Alison, Child Care
Experience:  Degree in early years,16 years experience in childcare
65051498

RA - MJV

Customer Question

The bully is a girl who threatens the other children. She lies on them.
and the teacher believes her. She threatens to tear up their library books ,so that they will get in trouble. She makes them bring her candy and threatens themwhen they don't want to sit with her and she generally makes the school day stressful. The teacher made the bully "teacher for the day". Thus she was empowered by an adult to continue her harrashment of the other children. What should I do? I am the parent of one of the victims.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Ms. Church replied 2 years ago.

Ms. Church :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

Ms. Church :

I think that there are many options to available to you. Bullying is a very hot topic in our schools and many national media agencies are looking at this problem. One of the things you might concerned is going to the school counselor and/or principal and ask if they can bring bullying information into the school. There are also mediation services available through the school were the counselor and involved parties can together and talk. I am glad that you are hearing your child and taking her/his concerns seriously. are your child's strongest advocate. Be courageous, get informed, and be prepared not only to help your child but also the bully. I hope this encourages you to seek the assistance of the school personnel, they are there for the well-being of all the students.

Ms. Church :

If you found my answer helpful, please remember to press the green accept button as this is the only way that I am compensated for my time. Please feel free the let me know if you have any additional questions.

Expert:  professional_Alison replied 2 years ago.
Hello there, may I help you? I would also like to add a few points here. Bully's are weak and will only pick on individuals who will respond to their pressure and threats. If you can talk to your child and encourage them to stand up to this person they will realise they won't be on control any longer. Encourage your child to take back the control.
Most schools have an anti bullying policy in place, I know you said you had been to the principle but it may be worth going again and asking what action they are taking in line with the schools policy. Here is a suitable children's story book about beating the bully's that may be a useful resource for you, available from Amazon.The Willow Street Kids Beat the Bullies (Paperback)Michele ElliottA First Look at Bullying:Stop Picking on Me (A First Look At) (Paperback)XXXXX XXXXX, Lesley Harker  This is an adult book with advice about bullying, available from Amazon,Bully Blocking: Six Secrets to Help Children Deal with Teasing and Bullying by Evelyn. M. Field.BULLY-PROOF YOUR CHILD Presented by Morne Swanepool. Please let me know if I can help you further. If I have answered your question please accept.

Apologies it seemed to process my answer without spaces so here it is again.

Most schools have an anti bullying policy in place, I know you said you had been to the principle but it may be worth going again and asking what action they are taking in line with the schools policy.

Here is a suitable children's story book about beating the bully's that may be a useful resource for you, available from Amazon.

The Willow Street Kids Beat the Bullies (Paperback)Michele Elliott

A First Look at Bullying:Stop Picking on Me (A First Look At) (Paperback)XXXXX XXXXX, Lesley Harker

This is an adult book with advice about bullying, available from Amazon,

Bully Blocking: Six Secrets to Help Children Deal with Teasing and Bullying by Evelyn. M. Field.

BULLY-PROOF YOUR CHILD Presented by Morne Swanepool.

Please let me know if I can help you further. If I have answered your question please accept.