professional_Alison, Child Care
Experience:  Degree in early years,16 years experience in childcare

Can it confuse a 10 year old boy to have parents that brought

Can it confuse a 10 year old boy to have parents that brought him up as a Christian, yet they tell him not to be preaching The Gospel and God's Word?

It can be confusing and you'd want to follow up and explain to him in age appropriate way why not. For example, you could say that ministering is to be left to grown ups who have studied and proven themselves as Christians.

You may give him an example from the Gospel where Paul talks about how in the past his understanding had not been complete. He compares his understanding before finding Christ to one of a child and after that to someone more knowledgeable.

You can also let your son know that he can teach by example through his positive behavior.

Hello there, may I help you? Having read your question I understand where you are coming from. The point you need to consider is if you have brought your son up to be Christian and he is telling other his beliefs this should not be discouraged as you may make him question his beliefs. You simply need to explain that not all people have the same beliefs and allow him to understand that not all people will be interested in hearing his views. Let him know that it is good to have a religious view but also to know when to share t and when to keep it with the people who share his religious beliefs.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

He is not my son; he is the son of one of my co-workers and he likes to visit me when his mother brings him to work after school and this was something he was either complaining about to me or asking me for my opinion on or asking me for advice about. He made it appear like his parents were shy to preach to others about God. I stress though; it just appeared that way. Is your answer still the same or is there anything you would like to add in light of this extra information that I have given you?

Some people keep their beliefs very private and thats fine too. As long as the young man you are referring to is not made to feel embarrassed talking about his beliefs. Its important he iis made aware that people won't always share his beliefs and he may come across people who challenge them in his life. This is what is important
In his life.
professional_Alison, Child Care
Experience: Degree in early years,16 years experience in childcare
I would be happy to advise you further if you require any more help. Please accept if I have answered your question.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I already accepted. Thank you.
Many thanks glad I could help.