proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor

Is there anything wrong with my 17yro daughter wearing mens

Is there anything wrong with my 17yro daughter wearing mens boxers instead of female underware? She says they are more comfortable but I am worried what her friend will think. I had to take her to the ER last week and when she changed into the gown the nurse acually ask her why she was wearing mens underwear! I guess I am wondering also
Hello and Thank You for consulting Just Answer. There is no need to worry that your daughter is wearing men's boxers. Women's underwear may feel too tight and constricting just like leggings and skinny jeans. If that is the only action that she is doing that concerns you, just let it go. She will be fine and you will be fine. However, if she starts dressing less feminine, then there may be a need for further concerns. So just relax. All seems to be alright. :)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What kind of concerns if she starts dressing less feminine
If she gets a boy hort hair cut, wears saggy pants, wears big t shirts, cares less about looking lady like etc....then you may delicately ask her why the change in preference of clothes. She may be having gender identity issues. Counseling may be the next step if needed. There is more to it than that but that is just a nutshell version.