professional_Alison
professional_Alison, Child Care
Experience:  Degree in early years,16 years experience in childcare
65051498

my teenage son refuses house rules (encouraged to do so by

my teenage son refuses house rules (encouraged to do so by an absent father) how can i persuade him to conform before i crack up?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  professional_Alison replied 2 years ago.

professional_Alison : Hello there, may I help you? Your son needs to have respect for you and the house he lives in he is providing a negative influence where he should be supporting your son . Your son needs to learn that if he does not follow instructions and rules while with you that there will be consequences.
professional_Alison : Any form of personal attack on you or your home is completely unacceptable. If you won has some unresolved anger issues maybe councelling or anger management may help .
Customer:

i have tried that but if i remove privileges etc his father and stepmother just replace them and actively encourage him to hit me or cause damage to the home i have previously had him in therapy etc even had him arrested only to then recieve the same treatment from his father and stepmother

professional_Alison : Then may situs time to give you son a chioce to move out. You cannot continue as you are and you have to try and throw the all into his court.
professional_Alison : What age is you son ?
Customer:

ok thankyou i may have to try that as a last resort he certainly will not change his ways for me maybe if he gets a shock like that he will realise as i know his father wont take him on

Customer:

my son is by the way 14

professional_Alison :

His fa

professional_Alison :

His Father is putting these terrible ideas in his head and mis guiding himn, would his Father be happy to have him live there I wonder

professional_Alison :

He is happy to make your life difficult but what would he do if you told your son he had to leave...

professional_Alison :

You have to play a clever game here with both your ex husband and you son in order that your husband stops putting bad ideas in his head and that your son starts treating you with the respect you deserve.

professional_Alison :

If he is faced with prospect of having to make a choice of start beahving or move out he will have a shock and have to make a decision, it will also make him see his Father in a different light if he wont let him live there!

professional_Alison :

Stay strong here, remember to make this your sons choice and not that you are throwing him out.

professional_Alison :

14 is a difficult age and your son is probably very unhappy inside hence the anger and agression.

Customer:

thankyou i really was stuck with that one will certainly try that maybe when his father gets to see what he has caused i will get my son back a better person

professional_Alison, Child Care
Experience: Degree in early years,16 years experience in childcare