proexpert37
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
49595756

my son is 11 years old and he pupu on his boxers ,he dont

my son is 11 years old and he pupu on his boxers ,he don't like going to the bathroom he said that is because he is costipated, I don't belive that is true for everyday excusese he loves to play games in the tv,he pups on hes boxer and don't go and change cloth .

I am worry ,and engry, what or how can i help him
Category: Parenting
Expert:  KansasTherapist replied 2 years ago.
This is not an uncommon problem with kids. I would take the approach that it is unhealthy to be wearing dirty underwear and other people don't want to be around someone to smells like poop. I suggest you tell him he needs to shower and change. If he refuses, he has to stay in his room until he's ready to do so. If his game system is in his room, you can take the controllers out and tell him he gets them back when he's cleaned up. You don't have to be sweet to him. It is better to use a firm voice, and then be consistent. If it's time for dinner and he hasn't followed directions, take his food to his room. Remind him he can come out when he's cleaned up.
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Thank You for consulting Just Answer. Your son may have developed a great deal of anxiety toward having a bowel movement. If this is indeed the case, he may actually be afraid to use the bathroom and tries to "hold it" as long as he can and then may actually truly be constipated. Some children absolutely despise the feeling of having a bowel movement. Try setting up a reward system to encourage him to use the restroom. Ranting and raving will not help the problem. The video game system is not the problem either. What you need to do is to reward him with points every time he is able to keep his underwear clean everyday. Let's say he gets five points a day. Then after receiving a total of 50 points, maybe he can get a new video game. Children are more prone to change their behavior when a reward is involved. After a while, you may want to change the points to 75 and then 100. The key is to be patient and to stay consistent. This should help greatly. Your son may not change overnight so give it time. Have an awesome day!!!
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience: Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor