How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask KansasTherapist Your Own Question
KansasTherapist, LSCSW
Category: Parenting
Satisfied Customers: 566
Experience:  17 years experience with depression, abuse, and borderline.
Type Your Parenting Question Here...
KansasTherapist is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife has accused me of sexually abusing our 7 yr. old son.

Customer Question

My wife has accused me of sexually abusing our 7 yr. old son. I was arrested by the Pasadena Police Dept. 2/7/12. I was released 2/9/12 with NO charges. Det. Lang of the Pasadena Police Dept. interviewed my son and he believes me. I have never abused my son sexually. Children and Family Services(Calif.) has not dropped the charges. I go to court 3/28/12 to find out what CFS has determined. What should I do?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  KansasTherapist replied 5 years ago.

KansasTherapist : Hello
Customer :


KansasTherapist : Sex abuse cases can be very complicated and take time to resolve.
KansasTherapist : CPS doesn't have the authority to put you in jail but they can ask the judge to prevent you from seeing your son.
Customer :

I know this now. They have contacted people who have known me almost my entire life and ANYONE who knows me knows that these alegations are false. I cannot afford an attorney. They have ALREADY prevented me from seeing my son. I have done NOTHING wrong

Customer :

Pasadena police DEPT dropped ALL charges

Customer :

CPS hasn't

KansasTherapist : If you go to the courthouse, there are papers you can fill out for a court appointed attorney.
KansasTherapist : I strongly suggest you do this.
Customer :

I have a Public Defender who hasn't answered any of my ph. calls or emails

Customer :

I was told that I won't be able to talk to my PD until the day of court. Wednesday

KansasTherapist : The police don't have full responsibility for the determination. They investigate and send the case to the county attorney.
KansasTherapist : The attorney can take the case grand jury to determin whether there's enough evidence to charge you.
Customer :

My Public Defender can do this?

KansasTherapist : Yes, if their appointed for both cases, criminal and family court
Customer :

I only know that they were appointed by Childrens court

Customer :

I don't know if there IS a criminal case. I haven't done anyhting wrong. My wife made these accusations

KansasTherapist : Then they represent you in the case involving CPS?
Customer :


KansasTherapist : Let the public defender do his job. He is probably use to work with these cases.
Customer :

OK. I haven't my oldest son(not biological) write a letter for me and I'm having it noterized to take to court

Customer :


Customer :

He knows that these accusations are boloney!

KansasTherapist : It's always hard to know what a judge will listen to. These attorneys work with the same judges all the time and know pretty well how to approach them.
Customer :

I'm going over to his house when we're done to get the letter

KansasTherapist : Pit can't hurt.
KansasTherapist : It not Pit
Customer :

Well, thank you for your time. I'll do what I can.

KansasTherapist : You're welcome. It would be great if you would clickAccept.
Customer :

Happy Sunday. I'm not too worried because I ahve done none of what she accused me of. It's just that CPS still hasn't made a dertermination

KansasTherapist : Good luck
Customer :

I'll click accept, even thoiugh I haven't anything new besides the Grand Jury thing. Thank you

KansasTherapist, LSCSW
Category: Parenting
Satisfied Customers: 566
Experience: 17 years experience with depression, abuse, and borderline.
KansasTherapist and other Parenting Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Dr. Shirley Schaye replied 5 years ago.
(Edited by Moderator)