professional_Alison, Child Care
Experience:  Degree in early years,16 years experience in childcare

My 31 year old son is in America and I have just found out

Customer Question

My 31 year old son is in America and I have just found out he has been smoking drugs for the last 5 years. Can you advise me if I should say anything to him or how to handle the situation?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  professional_Alison replied 4 years ago.

professional_Alison :

Hello there, may I help you?

professional_Alison :

Your son is a grown man and although you may not approve of what he is doing you may not be able to do much about it. You can let him know that you know what he does and are not happy about it, but equally you also have to weigh up how this will affect your relationship. He may not appreciate you talking to him about this. Another consideration is how the drugs may be affecting his health, the financial implications of drugs and also the fact that is it illegal. This needs to be dealt with sensitively as you could jepodise your relationship with you son if you

professional_Alison :

go in too opinionated.